FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Jaques Villeneuve said something smart about this team order situation...
"At least, maybe, they'll stop acting as being the best friends in the world..."
Jaques Villeneuve said something smart about this team order situation...
"At least, maybe, they'll stop acting as being the best friends in the world..."

I dunno, the acting's not been up to much but in this situation it's the team they should both be pissed at, not each other.
24 hour cooling off period, should be safe now right?

yah, I think the fun is over, we are gonna have to wait till Lewis has some bad luck or does something ""controversial"" before the haterz come back for more slaps, I mean for some more discussion about the fine line between insanity and genius :hehe:
Nico seems to feel a certain sense of entitlement that I just don't get. He was up against Michael (when the car was horrible) and came out of that even. Is he in the mood that he has toppled the King so that makes him the new ruler? Lewis isn't having any of that crap and it doesn't sit well with Nico. Did anyone see the post race interview with Nico...he was red as an apple when talking about Lewis' unwillingness to pull over and wave him through. I think he will be a right cheek in Spa. I can feel it coming.

Such fun!
Did anyone see the post race interview with Nico...he was red as an apple when talking about Lewis'

I saw that actually, he looked weird, his face was red like a white guy's first long exposure to the sun in the summer, and his eyes were red and glassy... like he'd been crying even. He kept his cool though and said all the right things and refused to speculate.

It would have been cool to see what someone like say, Massa would have done/said in the same situation.
By ang4f1
Nico seems to feel a certain sense of entitlement that I just don't get. He was up against Michael (when the car was horrible) and came out of that even. Is he in the mood that he has toppled the King so that makes him the new ruler? Lewis isn't having any of that crap and it doesn't sit well with Nico. Did anyone see the post race interview with Nico...he was red as an apple when talking about Lewis' unwillingness to pull over and wave him through. I think he will be a right cheek in Spa. I can feel it coming.

Such fun!

I've just said a similar thing in the Hungarian race thread...about Nico's sense of entitlement...surely he has the sense to realise where he would be if he had the dnfs & duff team calls etc etc etc..LH has had

I have been wodering about something Paddy Lowe said before Quali in Monaco....when asked about the WDC & Lewis' domination, he said he thought the battle for the title would go down to the wire.....this seemed strange at the time,
Lewis had had pole in Australia..but out thru mechanical dnf...followed by 4 dominant wins.......
what on earth at that time, could make Paddy think it would go down to the wire....?
Toto has said we need to make F1 more of a show or more entertaining......when he was interviewed
So is it show time all the way to Aba Double.....for the WDC is decider?

Such fun!

what on earth at that time, could make Paddy think it would go down to the wire....?

Because nico isn't going to just lie down and take it. And you guys say nico has a sense of entitlement....................

Such fun!

I've just said a similar thing in the Hungarian race thread...about Nico's sense of entitlement...surely he has the sense to realise where he would be if he had the dnfs & duff team calls etc etc etc..LH has had

I have been wodering about something Paddy Lowe said before Quali in Monaco....when asked about the WDC & Lewis' domination, he said he thought the battle for the title would go down to the wire.....this seemed strange at the time,
Lewis had had pole in Australia..but out thru mechanical dnf...followed by 4 dominant wins.......
Toto has said we need to make F1 more of a show or more entertaining......when he was interviewed
So is it show time all the way to Aba Double.....for the WDC is decider?

Merc said before that they want to wrap up the constructors before letting the drivers loose, I could see that the team might want the drivers on an equal footing at that point when the racing between the two of them really begins. That said, I don't think the team are interfering too much and that call in Hungary was a genuinely stupid mistake.
By ang4f1
It didn't look like they wanted them on an equal footing to me ....Lewis has had too many Merky mistakes...that are interfering with the WDC points of their drivers.

Lewis had 3 sets of unused options (edit)....for the race
Nico put on used options (edit) for his last stint, Martin Brundle commented on this on SKY...
Stupid mistake...is putting it mildly....
Not to mention they robbed Lewis of the win & a first time ...Legendary pit lane to win .....
Last edited by ang4f1 on 29 Jul 14, 10:51, edited 1 time in total.
Mediums do you mean Ang? Yes. Lewis had softs and mediums a plenty after not taking part in quali. He could have had multiple strategies ready to be deployed should the right occasion arise , but Merc chose badly. They were obsessed it seems in the loss by Rosberg of the win and couldn't see that Lewis was in a position to win. I hope that's all it was and I hope they received the wake up cal they need after that.
By ang4f1
Mediums do you mean Ang? Yes. Lewis had softs and mediums a plenty after not taking part in quali. He could have had multiple strategies ready to be deployed should the right occasion arise , but Merc chose badly. They were obsessed it seems in the loss by Rosberg of the win and couldn't see that Lewis was in a position to win. I hope that's all it was and I hope they received the wake up cal they need after that.

Sorry :blush: & thanks RC, yes I meant options...i've edited my post
I watched the race again yesterday & heard Martin Brundle say that Nico's last set of tyres were used ones...
I can never remember the difference between prime and option, just harder and softer. And the softer usually goes faster and the harder usually lasts longer :D I also remember hearing Nico's last set were used, and Lewis had fresh sets just going begging in the garage. What a wasted opportunity.

See our F1 related articles too!