FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Jabberwocky
Who is confirmed for next year?

Sky seems to think Alonso is looking for new masters.

UPDATED 15th May 2014

Green is Confirmed
Yellow is Contracted
Red is Rumored

Caterham

Ferrari
  • Alonso
  • Raikkonen

Force India

Haas
  • Rossi

Lotus

Marussia

Mclaren

Mercedes
  • Hamilton

Red Bull
  • Vettel
  • Ricciardo

Sauber

Toro Rosso

Williams
By spankyham
Who is confirmed for next year?

Sky seems to think Alonso is looking for new masters.

Sent using NCC-1701

If that were true it would really throw the doors open for a lot of potential moves :yes:
Fernando to Mercedes or McLaren .... leaves an opening at Ferrari. Personally I'd love to see them shoot for Dan. Given where the team is now, it may be 2016 before they could realistically challenge again. A good chance to develop a team/car/driver together.
By spankyham
Where will he go where he will have a better opportunity than at Ferrari?

Mercedes is the obvious, but also a move back to McLaren would be possible as they may have great potential with the new Honda engine.
By NHcheese
Move to Merc isnt on the cards. Rosberg will not move. Red Bull. NO. so McLaren is the only way. That is, if they improve.
It's Jenson's last year for sure. You know he's being shown the door at the end of the season. I think McLaren (as long as Ron is there) will be committed to Mags. Mercedes will keep both drivers they're in a better situation than Red Bull was, Rosberg would get no better shot at a WDC and the team gets a solid driver pairing so no incentive for them whatsoever to look outside their existing lineup.

I don't quite believe that Alonso will leave, but if he does it will send shock waves up and down the grid. IMO the Hulk is the best of the Dan, Bottas and Hulk trio but Ferrari passed on him once already.

The big unknown/gamble is Honda, if they show up with a strong engine, it will immediately give us a 2015 to remember. Ferrari have an entire year to work on their power plant, but I don't believe their issues are solely related to the PU. As long as Adrian Newey is at Red Bull, they'll be competitive. At worst he designed a chassis equal to the W05, at best he's once again put the best aero package out on the field. The RB10 is a monster around medium to high speed corners.
By Jabberwocky
I agree about Jenson he is looking tired this year.

But who would replace him?

Kimi?

Sent using NCC-1701
By Frontrunner
In terms of drivers, nothing will change at RBR, Merc and Ferrari for 2015 IMO, perhaps Kimi is in a bit of danger but I think he is just starting to get a handle on his Ferrari. Anyway what is Kimi's contract anyway?? is it a 1 year deal or more??
By Jabberwocky
In terms of drivers, nothing will change at RBR, Merc and Ferrari for 2015 IMO, perhaps Kimi is in a bit of danger but I think he is just starting to get a handle on his Ferrari. Anyway what is Kimi's contract anyway?? is it a 1 year deal or more??

Kimi seems to think he is getting the number 2 treatment

Sent using NCC-1701
By racechick
I wouldn't be surprised to see Grosjean at McLaren.
I don't think Vandorm( sp) yet. Not too very inexperienced drivers together.
By myownalias
WB, how do "we" know that Jenson will be leaving McLaren at the end of the season, how do "we" know that Ron is aiming to lure Lewis back to McLaren?

With Honda coming onboard in 2015, I think that Jenson will get a one year contract extension. On Hamilton, Ron was instrumental in Lewis' leaving McLaren in the first place, why have him back?
Because both Lewis and Ron have said so publicly, and I believe there's nothing between the lines. The reason Button was kept was for continuity and to foster and develop Mags. Clearly given Button's comments this past week, that's not the case, Button sees Mags as a threat, as a liability to his cause and not as someone who he can foster thereby extending his career with Mclaren.

Grosjean is a good choice RC, but I think that Ron is looking for someone that can be there to foster Masgs and take the occasional win for the team. I think Grosjean has aspirations for himself. Someone like a Barichello and I think Button could have been that someone, and ended his career with McLaren Honda.

You're right, I don't know MOA. Ron having a hand in pushing Lewis out is also speculation, it's all speculation on all of our part, but I'm a pretty good speculator if I do say so myself. :D
By myownalias
Because both Lewis and Ron have said so publicly, and I believe there's nothing between the lines. The reason Button was kept was for continuity and to foster and develop Mags. Clearly given Button's comments this past week, that's not the case, Button sees Mags as a threat, as a liability to his cause and not as someone who he can foster thereby extending his career with Mclaren.

F1 is a competitive sport and your team mate is your first competitor; I don't see why any driver should have to tutor and nurture a young talent. Jenson is not a teacher, he's a racing driver and his aim is to finish as high up the grid as his talent and car will allow. If he is going to be dropped for being a racing driver and not a babysitter, then so be it. That said I don't agree with his comments about Magnussen being the reason McLaren are struggling, that is an excuse for his own performances, as lead driver he should be able to give good enough feedback so the engineers can improve the car. Of course we have no idea of what the internals are like at McLaren, have McLaren just lost the ability to create a race winning car? Despite Ron Dennis' return to F1, it's more of the same, continuing on from 2013, I think that the Australia result was a fluke more than the McLaren being a complete race car.

See our F1 related articles too!