FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Great win by Lewis, if not for his troubles in Australia he could be on 4 on the trot instead of just the hat trick.
Would have been good to see Dani get his "first" podium but he is continually out performing Vettel which is great to see from an Aussies point of view, and that first podium or even win won't be too far off if he keeps it up.

Just playing devil's advocate: If they haven't already reacted to the last four "dominant" Red Bull years, why would they now? :confused:

I don't think the FiA should do anything because any team achieves dominance. In fact, any change as a reaction to the good job Mercedes has done would be outright wrong IMO.
The obvious things they could look to improve next year IMO would be the engine sound. Next, do things that enable drivers to race as opposed to having to conserve.

They've been conserving in one form or another since Pirelli came into the sport.

I think the obvious things to improve for next year is for Ferrari fans to suck it up and shut up. :P:whip: What the cars sound like on TV matters little, you only noticed a difference in person. And F1 money makers is TV audience, not track attendance's.
Lol at Sebastian "tough luck" Vettel
The brilliance of Bahrain was always going to be hard to follow, but with Rosberg's bad start, that was always going to be a lacklustre race, especially at the front.

McLaren's contrasting fortunes from Melbourne to here is just astonishing.

Good to see Daniel Ricciardo really making Seb work in the RBR.
Other than the start and Vettel's "tough luck" comment this was a boring race as viewed on tv. Hopefully someday F1 and the networks will be broadcast with the viewers having the ability to mute the announcers and turn up the volume on the actual sounds of the race (engines, tire squeal, choose camera's etc.).
Good race by Alonso, he really drove a good race. Clearly Ferrari got the the ERS system much closer to snuff. Predictions that Kimi would challenge Alonso are looking highly exaggerated, I think a clear picture is beginning to develop there. Ricciardo, what can I say? You'd be hard pressed to tell who the four time WDC in the team was. More driver less car, and the landscape really has changed things. Force India continues to do well with a double points finish and is still clutching to third in the constructors. Good on them, and I hope the keep up the fight all season long. They're on the cusp of legitimately moving out of the midfield!

Not the most exciting of races, tough luck for Massa with Williams' pit crew looking like the keystone cops there, but in the end, another dominant Mercedes 1~2. Now back to Europe for our regularly scheduled GP start times. :thumbup:
...I think the obvious things to improve for next year is for Ferrari fans to suck it up and shut up. :P:whip: ...

But, then, since we're not the only F1 fans online, we'd still have gushing and drooling over other drivers/teams!! :P:whip:
...I think the obvious things to improve for next year is for Ferrari fans to suck it up and shut up. :P:whip: ...

But, then, since we're not the only F1 fans online, we'd still have gushing and drooling over other drivers/teams!! :P:whip:

Meh, F1 is loud enough at the moment with all the whining from the Tifoni's.

Meh, F1 is loud enough at the moment with all the whining from the Tifoni's.

That's a pretty general statement that applies to the fans of any driver/team in the history of F1, successful or not!
So, I won't take it personally! :D
Surprise? No!

wrote:">Chinese Grand Prix 2014: Formula One stewards left red-faced after waving chequered flag a lap early

Formula One’s stewards’ blushes were spared on Sunday after a premature chequered flag and an obscure regulation only narrowly avoided seriously affecting the race result...

... It seems it was a simple case of an official mistakenly waving the flag a lap too soon, but the FIA closed ranks to protect the individual concerned. ...
Watch from 3:40. These comments from Nando came at last years Brazilian GP. Rather prophetic given the recent general public reaction to Seb's "tough luck".

[youtube]2xg6xieQFdg[/youtube]

Seb's in a tough place, but, I really hope he doesn't react or get involved, but rather improves and steps up his driving and does his talking with on track results. Given his car isn't the best, what better way to silence critics than to a) beat his team-mate and b) win a race ..... n'es pas?

See our F1 related articles too!