FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Vettel told to let Riccardo past = Epic
Vettel said "tough luck" letting him past = Epic
Riccardo passes Vettel with pressure from drs = Epic
Vettel overtaken by Kobayashi = EPIC!

Vettel whined over the radio about being overtaken lol
Hamilton makes it three in a row :) Alonso takes third :D lol at Sebastian Bieber. What a silly person.

Such a complaining person he is lol

Edited by spankyham - 2nd post, please all, let's remember to be respectful
Easy win for Hamilton, Rosberg did what was expected after a poor start. Alonso excellent again (still think the Red Bulls are quicker) for P3, another good race from Ricciardo who probably lost out on the podium because he lost a load of time stuck behind Vettel.

Vettel and Raikkonen once again very poor and completely out-raced by their team mates. Massa's move at the start was stupid imho and he only has himself to blame for the wheel damage that cost him P5/P6
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2014/04/20/race-ended-two-laps-due-flag-error/

Imagine if Ric had got Alonso on the last lap and had it taken off him because of this, wow, clowns!

:rofl::rofl:

Honestly, I feel really sorry for Kobayashi - his brilliant last corner pass on Bianchi now doesnt count!
Great weekend from Lewis, did it in style.

Nico is a nice guy and handy driver, but he's not in the same class as Lewis.

Sadly another boring race. Not even a well placed safety car would have saved this one.

Great effort from Ferrari to turnaround their performance in the space of 2 weeks. Here's hoping they can continue to catch up. My feeling is Ferrari has lifted to be the 3rd best car on the grid.

Top effort yet again from Fernando, the podium was just reward for his driving today.

The most pleasing part of the race for me was Dan, yet again beating his 4 times WDC team-mate. It was a really good drive. I hope Ferrari is paying close attention to Dan - he would be an excellent replacement for Kimi in a year or two and looks to have the skills needed to go all the way to the top.

Fastest lap today was about 4 seconds off last years times.

It's crushing to keep hearing and seeing drivers not fighting for position, for either tire or fuel conservation issues - aren't we supposed to see drivers "racing" in F1? No-one deserves to be close to Mercedes so far - they earned that through hard work and mastering this new formula 1 and its orientation. But there was racing to be had for other positions which simply didn't happen.

It will be interesting to see the TV audience and attendances now and after a few races in Europe. In a planning sense, there's not much time between now and the first race of 2015 and if the sport is to react they need to decide what they can do very soon.
The most pleasing part of the race for me was Dan, yet again beating his 4 times WDC team-mate. It was a really good drive. I hope Ferrari is paying close attention to Dan - he would be an excellent replacement for Kimi in a year or two and looks to have the skills needed to go all the way to the top.

Personally im hoping Hulkenburg gets the drive, yet again he drives a quiet, unnoticed race to 6th and not far behind Vettel in the end! Another excellent performance from Nico!
Great weekend from Lewis, did it in style...

Congrats to Hamilton and Mercedes, for another great race -- start to finish!!

...Sadly another boring race. Not even a well placed safety car would have saved this one...

I got up at 3:00 a.m. to watch and kept thinking, is this a repeat of the last few years, with a different protagonist?
Embarrassed to say, I did nod off, once or twice!! :blush:

...Top effort yet again from Fernando, the podium was just reward for his driving today...

Alonso really can put a car where it has no business being!! His podium proves to me that it's a combination of effort from all that brings success!!

...It will be interesting to see the TV audience and attendances now and after a few races in Europe. In a planning sense, there's not much time between now and the first race of 2015 and if the sport is to react they need to decide what they can do very soon.

Just playing devil's advocate: If they haven't already reacted to the last four "dominant" Red Bull years, why would they now? :confused:
 wrote:">Race ended two laps early due to flag error

...The classified results published by the FIA noted that the race was “declared at the end of lap 54, in accordance with Article 43.2 of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations”.

The rule states: “Should for any reason the end-of-race signal be given before the leading car completes the scheduled number of laps, or the prescribed time has been completed, the race will be deemed to have finished when the leading car last crossed the line before the signal was given.”

OK... so, it's "legal"!! BUT, this is pretty embarrassing for the FIA, since it was one of their officials that waved the flag at Hamilton!
Question: Who gives the direction/order for the signal?Image
Just playing devil's advocate: If they haven't already reacted to the last four "dominant" Red Bull years, why would they now? :confused:

I don't think the FiA should do anything because any team achieves dominance. In fact, any change as a reaction to the good job Mercedes has done would be outright wrong IMO.
The obvious things they could look to improve next year IMO would be the engine sound. Next, do things that enable drivers to race as opposed to having to conserve.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
Good effort from Alonso and Ferrari, didn't think there free practice pace would translate in race. So well done to them, signs of Ferrari improving.
Enjoyed once again that Dan is having the upper hand on Vettel this weekend again.
Also lol at Kobayashi passing Vettel, in which Kobayashi is entitled to do so don't know what Vettel is whinging about, funny though

See our F1 related articles too!