FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I find this a bit odd. The Schumacher family and their representatives have always asked that the family's privacy is respected. Now there is this guy who, is meant to be a close friend, is talking publicly about Schumachers condition - not a doctor, a relative or a manager, a friend.
It's been a year!!

, Staff wrote:">Still #ForzaMichael – Schumacher’s accident, a year on

Maranello, 28th December 2014 – Today, more than ever, it’s still a case of #ForzaMichael!

One year ago, on 29th December, all Michael Schumacher’s fans and everyone at Ferrari was shocked by the news of the tragic accident he suffered on the slopes of Meribel. From then on, everyone was quick to show their support for the German champion and his family.

Over the years, Michael’s great prowess and many victories have been proof of his strength and amazing determination. Along the way, he has earned a special place in the history of the Scuderia and especially in the hearts of all its fans. Now, 12 months on from that terrible day, Ferrari and its fans continue to show support for him, his wife Corinna and the rest of his family, urging him to continue to make progress on the long road to recovery.

, Admin wrote:">Schu friends hit back at Streiff comments

On the one-year anniversary of his skiing crash, Michael Schumacher's inner circle has hit back at the latest claims about the seven time world champion.

Former F1 driver Philippe Streiff, who was paralysed in a 1989 crash, told Le Parisien newspaper on Sunday that while the great German is still not able to speak, he is "starting to recognise those close to him".

As for Schumacher's future, Streiff added that "long term, he could hope one day to walk with crutches".

Streiff said he had heard the news from Schumacher's wife Corinna and the FIA-linked doctor Gerard Saillant.

But speaking to the French-language news agency AFP, Saillant hit back at Streiff's claims.

"For a year, I have had no verbal, written or physical contact with Philippe Streiff," he said through a FIA spokesman.

And Schumacher's manager Sabine Kehm was quoted by the German newspaper Bild as also rejecting the report based on Streiff's comments.

"I can only wonder about these statements of Philippe Streiff," she said. "He certainly has no contact with Professor Saillant or with Corinna.

"Between Mr Streiff and Michael, there has also never been a friendship," added Kehm.

As for Streiff's comments suggesting Schumacher, 45, is making progress one year after his skiing accident, Kehm said: "We need a long time.

"It's going to be a long time and a hard fight," she told Reuters.

"He is making progress appropriate to the severity of the situation."
Be good if that were true. But I can understand them wanting him kept out of the public eye. I
 wrote:">'No miracle on the horizon' for Michael Schumacher

Nearly 14 months after his late 2013 skiing accident, little new is known about the great Michael Schumacher's medical progress. The 46-year-old is reportedly cared for by a private medical team numbering 15 professionals around the clock at his mansion on the shores of Lake Geneva.

But in a new report published by the UK newspaper Express, it is claimed the seven time world champion "remains mute with limited awareness of his environment", and still "unable to walk". "Progress is painfully slow," said an insider. "There is no miracle on the horizon."

The report said Schumacher's family has now imposed a total media blackout on news about the former Mercedes and Ferrari driver, while tents have been erected to stop paparazzi photographing the F1 star.

"What tortures the public is the same thing that tortures the family -– progress is slow, progress is uncertain," Peter Hamlyn, a neurosurgeon and sports head injury expert, said. "If you look at severe head injury victims who go on to make a good recovery - and I’m not saying all do - it will always be a story of years," he added.
This is so tragic, it pains me deeply to think of him (and Jules) in this state.

I'm sorry for even saying this but at times I honestly wonder if it would have been better if the accident had proved terminal at the start. Please don't think I'm hating, I'm not, I have the most utter respect for Michael. I'm just trying to think of myself in the same situation and to be quite honest, I'd rather not be here.

Please get through this one day Michael, we are all thinking of you.
My thing with all this is the Jules is almost the Roland Ratzenberger to Schumacher's Senna.

Cevert I know where you ae coming from. However i think I would be happier thinking I was a chicken in a field. Not the other way around like Stephen Hawkins or Christopher Reeves, where my body was a prison.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
I dont know jabber, if i was to think of myself in a state of not being aware of much i have to think of the people around me, seeing and caring for me like that every day knowing there is little or no recognition. I wouldnt want that.

See our F1 related articles too!