FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
, Staff wrote:">Schumacher family shocked by suspect death

Sabine Kehm says Michael Schumacher's family is shocked by the news that a man arrested on suspicion of stealing the seven-time World Champion's medical records has been found dead in his prison cell.

The Zurich prosecutor's office announced the man's death on Wednesday and stated that he worked for the Rega air ambulance service, involved in transporting Schumacher from a French hospital to Switzerland.

Schumacher's medical records were offered to numerous media outlets for 60,000 Swiss francs (£39,000).

"We are at a loss for words and deeply shocked," Schumacher's manager, Kehm, is quoted by AFP.

Rega chief Ernst Kohler also expressed sadness at the death of his employee, who has not been named.

"We are deeply affected to learn that a Rega employee, taken into custody [on Tuesday] upon suspicion of violating professional secrecy, committed suicide in his cell," said Kohler. "This tragic event leaves us saddened and speechless. Our thoughts and sincere condolences go to the deceased's family and loved ones."...
Michael Schumacher has left hospital in Switzerland and returned to his family home to continue his recovery from the extensive head injuries he suffered in a skiing accident eight months ago.

However, the seven-time world champion still faces a "long and difficult road" to recovery, according to his manager Sabine Kehm.

"Henceforth, Michael's rehabilitation will take place at his home," said Kehm. Considering the severe injuries he suffered, progress has been made in the past weeks and months. There is still, however, a long and difficult road ahead."

Schumacher suffered severe brain injuries when he hit his head on a rock at a French ski resort in December. He underwent two operations to remove haematomas from the brain and reduce swelling at the Grenoble University Hospital before he was transferred to the CHUV Hospital in Lausanne.

"We would like extend our gratitude to the entire team at CHUV Lausanne for their thorough and competent work," Kehm's statement added. "We ask that the privacy of Michael's family continue to be respected, and that speculations about his state of health are avoided."

It was announced by Schumacher's family in June that he was no longer in a medically induced coma.

Read more at http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/stor ... he7JQcI.99
It's great to hear he's back home and I'm sure his family will like that. I just hope he is in the best possible condition possible and that he continues to improve.
Good to hear he's home but it still doesn't say much about how he's getting on so i dont know if I'd take it as a particularly positive sign.

I guess its better than having to stay in hospital, just hope it is a good thing.

Anyway hi everyone
Good to hear he's home but it still doesn't say much about how he's getting on so i dont know if I'd take it as a particularly positive sign.

I guess its better than having to stay in hospital, just hope it is a good thing.

Anyway hi everyone

Hey look, Michael's favourite chassis has registered! :P

Anyway, #keepfightingmichael.

Anyway hi everyone

You're absolutely right, F2004!!
And, welcome!! :wavey:
But it isnt though, is it?

Its just Jean Todt saying, 'we can assume he will lead a normal life' however 'What we can say is that he will probably never again drive a Formula One car'.

To me, they are two very different things.

See our F1 related articles too!