FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
That's not surprising, the man is a legend in his own time!!
(OK, so he's not popular with everyone!! What can you do? :shrug: )

I personally find every driver adds something to F1, Michael was a good driver in his own way and what has happened to him is horrible, whether you like him or not you cannot wish this sort of hell on anyone!

I hope he gets better..... :clap:
ESPNF1:
Mick Schumacher has won on his first weekend of German Formula 4.

Schumacher, the son of seven-time Formula One champion Michael, finished ninth on his German ADAC F4 debut on Saturday, before crossing 12th in the second race of the weekend on Sunday. For the third and final race at Oschersleben Schumacher lined up second on the reserve grid and quickly moved into the lead.

The Van Amersfoort Racing driver had to fend off a late charge from Australian Joseph Mawson after a period behind the safety car but held his nerve to finish with an advantage of half a second, clinching the first win of his single-seater career. The 16-year-old is fifth in the championship with 27 points after the first three races, but leads the rookie championship. Team-mate Harrison Newey, son of Red Bull design guru Adrian, is 12th in the standings after the opening weekend.

Mick's father Michael, the most successful driver in the history of F1, continues to recover from the head injuries he suffered in a skiing accident in December 2013 and is currently undergoing private medical care at the family home in Switzerland.
Sad for both of them to think he might not be able to acknowledge what his son has done there.

Too true!! I'm glad that Vettel has the opportunity to mentor Mick, as he was mentored by Schumi!
I think it's pretty safe to say that Schumi would be happy to know that.
Finally, a bit of good news:

Tom Batchelor wrote:">F1 legend Michael Schumacher ‘making progress’ 17 months after horror Alps skiing crash

FORMULA One ace Michael Schumacher is "making progress" as he continues to recover from a near-fatal skiing crash in the French Alps, his manager has said.

Speaking last night, his manager Sabine Kehm said the F1 star was “making progress” but added that people “must always keep the seriousness of his injuries in mind”....

...His family have imposed a near-total news blackout on the care he is receiving at his Swiss mansion.

Yet in February he was understood to be mute with "limited awareness" of his environment and is also still unable to walk...

...After reports in February that his recovery had been “painfully slow”, today’s announcement means the star’s latest prognosis is more positive.

Saw this just now and thought of Schumacher.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/man-deemed ... -1.2706718

They were using a portable eeg , Neurovox, which lead doctors to see that his brain could respond to hearing his name.
Two years ago Schumacher sustained his injury.

Here are Ross Brawn comments on Schumacher's current condition and his part in the success of Mercedes.

http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/Schu ... 99100.html

"Referring to the Mercedes era, however, Brawn said: "We no longer had the success of earlier years, but his dedication was the same.

"Winning was still a part of his DNA," the Briton said in a documentary by the German broadcaster ARD, marking the two-year anniversary of Schumacher’s skiing accident, entitled ’Zwei Jahre Danach’ (two years later).

Brawn said: "No one should underestimate how much Michael did for the success that the Mercedes team now enjoys.""

"As 2015 draws to an end, Italian F1 insider Leo Turrini claims in Il Giornale newspaper that Schumacher is "technically awake, which means his eyes are open".

"However, he does not seem to recognise the environment around him or the few people who have the right to meet with him," he said.

"He does not react when F1 is on the television."

Italy’s La Gazzetta dello Sport is reporting similarly, claiming unofficially that Schumacher "does not communicate in any way".

"He weighs more than the 45-48kg that someone claimed, but is unable to move," the sports daily added.

Schumacher’s family and closest friends like Brawn, however, are not giving up.

"Michael is on a path that few people have trodden before him," said Brawn, referring to Schumacher’s current predicament.

"He is someone who has surprised us so many times before.""
... Ross Brawn comments on Schumacher's current condition and his part in the success of Mercedes.

"Referring to the Mercedes era, however, Brawn said: "We no longer had the success of earlier years, but his dedication was the same.

"Winning was still a part of his DNA," the Briton said in a documentary by the German broadcaster ARD, marking the two-year anniversary of Schumacher’s skiing accident, entitled ’Zwei Jahre Danach’ (two years later).

Brawn said: "No one should underestimate how much Michael did for the success that the Mercedes team now enjoys.""

Brawn is confirming what many of us suspected all along!
Well, those of us who were open to that probability!

Schumacher’s family and closest friends like Brawn, however, are not giving up.

"Michael is on a path that few people have trodden before him," said Brawn, referring to Schumacher’s current predicament.

"He is someone who has surprised us so many times before.""

Hopefully, Schumi still has some surprises up his sleeve, for us!!
 wrote:">Todt admits Schumacher situation 'painful'

FIA President Jean Todt says Michael Schumacher's predicament is "painful" to witness, following the seven-time World Champion's skiing accident in December 2013.

Schumacher sustained severe head injuries when he struck a rock while skiing in France and spent nine months in hospital before returning home in September 2014.

No official updates have been given since manager Sabine Kehm stated in December 2014 that Schumacher was making "progress appropriate to the severity of the situation".

Todt was Ferrari's Team Principal throughout Schumacher's 11-year spell at the outfit, while further tragedy struck the family with the death of Jules Bianchi, who was managed by Nicholas Todt, son of Jean.

"I will not compare them both," said Todt, when asked how difficult it has been to come to terms with Schumacher's injuries and Bianchi's passing.

"I knew Jules through my son, because my son was his manager. For my son it was something terrible… it's terrible to lose somebody in an accident.

"For Michael, is it different, because he is like my family. When you have somebody in your family, who is very close, when they are injured, of course it is painful.

"That is the bad side of life."

See our F1 related articles too!