FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Oh I hope he's ok ! My first thought was that he wasn't wearing a helmet, but he was. He remained conscious and was airlifted to hospital quickly so that all bodes well. Sometimes after hitting their head people think they're ok and don't get checked, then they deteriorate badly, he'll be fully monitored now. Get better Michael.
D.a.m.n.!! Hopefully, it's nothing serious!!

Dumb question of the day:
Why do people think that wearing a helmet means no injuries?

Edit: I made my post as you made yours RC; but, my question
wasn't directed to you. It's a general comment!

Why do people think that wearing a helmet means no injuries? :bs:

It reduces the severity of them. I always wear one for skiing now, didn't used to.

It reduces the severity of them. I always wear one for skiing now, didn't used to.

Like seatbelts, I think it all depends on "how" you hit, no? :confused:

Why do people think that wearing a helmet means no injuries?

Edit: I made my post as you made yours RC; but, my question
wasn't directed to you. It's a general comment!

It's ok, I realised that. :)
but I do think it would be stupid to ski or snowboard without the protection available, no matter how good you are. Accidents happen and you can't account for what other people on the slopes might do. I've heard of some pretty horrendous accidents with helmets on....but they'd have been much worse without a helmet,

Like seatbelts, I think it all depends on "how" you hit, no? :confused:

If you whack your head ( on a tree, rock, fence, other skier, ski, snowboard etc) especially when travelling at speed, it's bad news if you haven't got a helmet, could still be bad news with one.
... I do think it would be stupid to ski or snowboard without the protection available, no matter how good you are. Accidents happen and you can't account for what other people on the slopes might do. I've heard of some pretty horrendous accidents with helmets on....but they'd have been much worse without a helmet,

AB-SO-FREAKING-LUTE-LY!!

I don't think I worded my comment all that well (not enough caffeine, yet! :banghead: )
Personally, I find that just because people are wearing their helmets, there's a tendency
to believe that they'll be ok, so that element of safety-consciousness seems to lessen.

And, even though you can be super-careful, there will always be that one idiot who sees
himself as Superman!!
Reports are that his chin absorbed the worst of the impact.

:hehe: I'm now tempted to make a comment that's in bad taste!

:rofl: but thinking about it , that's what you meant anyway isn't it!! :hehe:
... I do think it would be stupid to ski or snowboard without the protection available, no matter how good you are. Accidents happen and you can't account for what other people on the slopes might do. I've heard of some pretty horrendous accidents with helmets on....but they'd have been much worse without a helmet,

AB-SO-FREAKING-LUTE-LY!!

I don't think I worded my comment all that well (not enough caffeine, yet! :banghead: )
Personally, I find that just because people are wearing their helmets, there's a tendency
to believe that they'll be ok, so that element of safety-consciousness seems to lessen.

And, even though you can be super-careful, there will always be that one idiot who sees
himself as Superman!!

I resisted going to a helmet at first, but now I'd feel vulnerable skiing without one, kindov like skiing naked, something vital missing. But I don't think it makes me go any quicker. A glass of hot wine or two does. :D
:hehe: I'm now tempted to make a comment that's in bad taste!

E tu, RC?? Image

((OK, both of you stop, at least until we hear it's nothing serious!!
Otherwise, we'll all feel pretty sheepish about this!! :P ))
I resisted going to a helmet at first... I don't think it makes me go any quicker. A glass of hot wine or two does. :D

Hot wine? Sacrilege!! :nono:

((That's the Italian in me coming out!! We only heat up wine
when we're sick and breathe in the vapours. I'm not sure it
actually makes you feel better; but, you sure do sleep better!))

See our F1 related articles too!