FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By andrew
Watch the 2008 German GP. He led for a good few laps and finished an excellent 2nd (ok he was helped with the safety car but he's hardly the first or last driver to be helped in this way).

Oh I watched that alright. I was really pleased for Piquet as he badly needed a decent result at the time. Unfortunately, his form remained patchy.

An Alonso team mate with patchy form in a team managed by Briatore......... :scratchchin:
Watch the 2008 German GP. He led for a good few laps and finished an excellent 2nd (ok he was helped with the safety car but he's hardly the first or last driver to be helped in this way).

Oh I watched that alright. I was really pleased for Piquet as he badly needed a decent result at the time. Unfortunately, his form remained patchy.

An Alonso team mate with patchy form in a team managed by Briatore......... :scratchchin:

Oh aye, just ask Jarno Trulli about it. He might hit you though...... :hehe:
By andrew

Or Fisichella. I doubt he could reach chin you. More likely to head butt you in the knee cap. :hehe:
By scotty

Interestingly Trulli outscored Alonso while they were team mates in 2004. The only driver ever to do so...
By andrew

Interestingly Trulli outscored Alonso while they were team mates in 2004. The only driver ever to do so...

Little wonder he was "let go" early.

How'd he slip under Briatore's radar? Must have been trying to chat up some airhead stick thin 20 something with a fake tan and no moral compass. :hehe:
By kerc
I think Hamilton would be a good fit at Red Bull. Lewis has a show-biz girlfriend, is an intense driver, likes the bling, and the extreme stuff--he fits the Red Bull image perfectly.
By andrew
Wonder where Kubica would go? He is too good a driver not to have a seat.

Assuming he's fully recovered both physically and mentally. You couldn't blame the guy if his confidence was shot to pieces.
By bud
Wonder where Kubica would go? He is too good a driver not to have a seat.

Assuming he's fully recovered both physically and mentally. You couldn't blame the guy if his confidence was shot to pieces.

I think he'll be fine on both accounts. Especially because it didn't happen in an F1 car, i mean his crash in Canada was no hindrance. But getting back to rally might be hard mentally.
Button wants to sign a one year contract at Mclaren in order to sign for Ferrari in 2013 as Alonsos teammate and replacement of Massa.

I can actually see this happening, not least because its been documented on the bbc f1 sight and fernando has welcomed it.
By andrew
It would be funny if Button did sign and promptly put some manners on Alonso.

This was reported on Yalla F1 yesterday but it seems to have come from the imagination of some Brazilian journalist with no real backing to it.

See our F1 related articles too!