FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By andrew
Pretty sure RBR will NOT take on Schumacher :hehe:

No need to stiffle my hopes! :irked:

Aww, apologies my friend. I won't do it again. :headpat:

That smiley always looks a bit dodgy or is it just my mind making it look dodgy?

Your mind.... it must be...... surely....................... :twisted:

Fair enough. :D
It won't happen ever. Hamilton will live out his career at McLaren. Ricciardo and Buemi are destined for Red Bull once Webber retires and Vettel eventually moves to Merc (if they are still around) or Ferrari.

Ricciardo maybe...cant see either Buemi or Algersuari as being anything other than mid-field fodder.

Also I know thats how its all planned now....but I can still see a time next year when if the RBR is again dominating that there are moves again to get LH into the car. The temptation to get two of the best drivers into the one team maybe a recognised disaster to Christian Horner but then again he is not paying the bills. Plus I can just see Bernie twisting the right arms if it looks like the series is becoming too predictable because even without team orders I dont see any of the drivers you mention ever challenging an established Vettel.

It wont be up to Mr. Horner, it will be up to Mr. Red Bull. And he's driven by marketing, and lewis is very marketable. It would be very interesting to see them together but I think I'd rather he stayed at McLaren.

Hamilton is not on Red Bull's radar if reports about Ricciardo, Buemi and Algersuari are accurate. I think it would be up to Horner given that he is the team principle of the F1 team, it's his job!

As far as Hamilton being marketable I'd question that now as he has been attracting attention of late for the wrong reasons - not for doing something well, but for making mistakes. It's human nature that the mistakes stand out more than the achievements (much like if you go into a shop that you go into nearly every day and on one particular visit you get really poor service, you remember that one visit where the service was poor and forget about the numerous time when the service was good). Vettel is set to become the youngest double champion and has pretty much dominated this season. You can't get much more marketable that that in F1 unless someone like Schumacher were to join red Bull.

The only team that Hamilton has ever mentioned in interviews about wanting to join is Ferrari but I honestly can't see that happening, at least not whilst Alonso is there (no need for a who scared who in 2007 story here, no one really cares anymore :hehe: ). Ferrari supposedly have their eye on Vettel (but so do Merc if they stick around long enough), along with numerous drivers in their young driver program and possibly Perez in the long term. Can't see there being a space for at Ferrari as I think they are going to be using Sauber as a B-team. I'm pretty confident in saying that Hamilton will be at McLaren for as long as he is in F1. If he isn't I'll eat my hat!

All idle speculation of course, trying to piece together various reports that have been doing to rounds for a while so I could be wrong but I've got as much chance of being right as anyone else on here so what the heck?! :D

Well I think if Mr. Red Bull wants something for the team, it will override what Mr.Horner wants. As to Lewis not being so marketable of late...you reckon? Red Bull want to appeal to a young audience not a load of old codgers. Lewis is fine. He just needs to stop apologising and go race.
And I sincerely hope you're right and he's not on Red Bulls radar. Dont want him to go there.
By andrew
As to Lewis not being so marketable of late...you reckon? Red Bull want to appeal to a young audience not a load of old codgers.

You might want to check which driver is younger there. :wink:

And I sincerely hope you're right and he's not on Red Bulls radar. Dont want him to go there.

Red Bull have a B-team and a young driver programme. I expect Webber's replacement to be Ricciardo with a Torro Rosso (eitehr one of the current 2 or someone from their programme who has not yet reached F1) driver taking over from Vettel if and when he moves on.
It won't happen ever. Hamilton will live out his career at McLaren. Ricciardo and Buemi are destined for Red Bull once Webber retires and Vettel eventually moves to Merc (if they are still around) or Ferrari.

Ricciardo maybe...cant see either Buemi or Algersuari as being anything other than mid-field fodder.

Also I know thats how its all planned now....but I can still see a time next year when if the RBR is again dominating that there are moves again to get LH into the car. The temptation to get two of the best drivers into the one team maybe a recognised disaster to Christian Horner but then again he is not paying the bills. Plus I can just see Bernie twisting the right arms if it looks like the series is becoming too predictable because even without team orders I dont see any of the drivers you mention ever challenging an established Vettel.

It wont be up to Mr. Horner, it will be up to Mr. Red Bull. And he's driven by marketing, and lewis is very marketable. It would be very interesting to see them together but I think I'd rather he stayed at McLaren.

Hamilton is not on Red Bull's radar if reports about Ricciardo, Buemi and Algersuari are accurate. I think it would be up to Horner given that he is the team principle of the F1 team, it's his job!

As far as Hamilton being marketable I'd question that now as he has been attracting attention of late for the wrong reasons - not for doing something well, but for making mistakes. It's human nature that the mistakes stand out more than the achievements (much like if you go into a shop that you go into nearly every day and on one particular visit you get really poor service, you remember that one visit where the service was poor and forget about the numerous time when the service was good). Vettel is set to become the youngest double champion and has pretty much dominated this season. You can't get much more marketable that that in F1 unless someone like Schumacher were to join red Bull.

The only team that Hamilton has ever mentioned in interviews about wanting to join is Ferrari but I honestly can't see that happening, at least not whilst Alonso is there (no need for a who scared who in 2007 story here, no one really cares anymore :hehe: ). Ferrari supposedly have their eye on Vettel (but so do Merc if they stick around long enough), along with numerous drivers in their young driver program and possibly Perez in the long term. Can't see there being a space for at Ferrari as I think they are going to be using Sauber as a B-team. I'm pretty confident in saying that Hamilton will be at McLaren for as long as he is in F1. If he isn't I'll eat my hat!

All idle speculation of course, trying to piece together various reports that have been doing to rounds for a while so I could be wrong but I've got as much chance of being right as anyone else on here so what the heck?! :D

You are probably 75% likely to be right BUT this is F1 and I could well imagine circumstances conspiring that would see LH go to Red Bull.

Hamilton is marketable because controversy creates his own market...and whether he is doing good or bad Hamilton certainly remains a controversial figure.

Put it this way I can see a scenario where RBR might think they want him.

I can see a scenario where LH might to race for them.

And I can see a scenario where BE might want that to be the case.

If all 3 scenarios were to coalesce then this would happen. If not, then it wont, but either way I'm pretty certain this will be a talking point sometime in early summer next year.
By andrew
Pretty sure RBR will NOT take on Schumacher :hehe:

No need to stiffle my hopes! :irked:

Stiffle:boobies::hehe:

Well you learn something new every other day. Spelling ain't a strong point, but there is a good reason for that. :wink:
By bud
Hamilton is more marketable in the English speaking world than Vettel, and would also be attractive to the US market with a large Afro population.
Hamilton is more marketable in the English speaking world than Vettel, and would also be attractive to the US market with a large Afro population.

I think even here in the US, we're beyond this now:

Black or African-American would do just fine :wink:
By scotty
Latest rumour i've heard is Grosjean to Williams. If i see anything on this i'll post...
hope so, love to see a french driver in such a team, grosjean was hit by loads if bad luck in the races e did compete in in 2009...
hope so, love to see a french driver in such a team, grosjean was hit by loads if bad luck in the races e did compete in in 2009...

Yep, he's a guy I'd like to see more from. :yes:
By andrew

:headshake: He was no faster (or slower) than Piquet Jr. There are better drivers out there waiting to get into F1 but I guess Williams running Renault engines next year will put pressure on Williams to have a French driver, plus with the French GP looking to be resurrected MrE will be wanting a French driver on the grid.

:headshake: He was no faster (or slower) than Piquet Jr. There are better drivers out there waiting to get into F1 but I guess Williams running Renault engines next year will put pressure on Williams to have a French driver, plus with the French GP looking to be resurrected MrE will be wanting a French driver on the grid.

Well Piquet Jr was a flop, but he had much more time to prove himself than Grosjean. I do think he deserves another chance, even though what we eventually saw was relatively unspectacular.
By andrew

Well Piquet Jr was a flop, but he had much more time to prove himself than Grosjean. I do think he deserves another chance, even though what we eventually saw was relatively unspectacular.

Piquet got a raw deal at the hands of Flavio "I don't know nuffin" Briatore, Pat "I don't know nuffin' either" Symonds and Fernando "I never know nuffin' despite trouble following me" Alonso. He did the right thing in outing these cheating bar stewards but killed his F1 career at the same time. But the guy's situation seemed to be crash or you're out of a drive. Crap choice to make.

I still maintain that Piquet Jr had a lot of potential. Watch the 2008 German GP. He led for a good few laps and finished an excellent 2nd (ok he was helped with the safety car but he's hardly the first or last driver to be helped in this way).
Watch the 2008 German GP. He led for a good few laps and finished an excellent 2nd (ok he was helped with the safety car but he's hardly the first or last driver to be helped in this way).

Oh I watched that alright. I was really pleased for Piquet as he badly needed a decent result at the time. Unfortunately, his form remained patchy.

See our F1 related articles too!