FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By Hammer278
Yeah I made a mistake, Beetles had a 4 pot boxer engine and Porsches had a 6 pot boxer. Still, I maintain that the 911 is just a squashed Beetle. Either way, I like VW Beetles as much as I like Porsches.

Sits and waits for AKR to start jumping up and down and start pulling his hair out again. :hehe:

Believe it or not, AKR is a chick. Yeah... I know, chicks these days... :crying:
Yeah I made a mistake, Beetles had a 4 pot boxer engine and Porsches had a 6 pot boxer. Still, I maintain that the 911 is just a squashed Beetle. Either way, I like VW Beetles as much as I like Porsches.

Sits and waits for AKR to start jumping up and down and start pulling his hair out again. :hehe:

Believe it or not, AKR is a chick. Yeah... I know, chicks these days... :crying:

Your gonna get a black eye with that clanger andrew! :eek::wink:
By andrew

Your gonna get a black eye with that clanger andrew! :eek::wink:

They gotta find me foist. :hehe:
By madbrad
the Citreon 2CV has a half Boxer engine

It has a flat 2. That's a whole boxer engine.
By your logic a flat 12 is 3 boxer engines.

Be it a flat 2,4,6,8 or 12, it's a boxer.
A formal introduction to Olivsk... This morning after spending quite a bit of the day yesterday DRIVING I took a few pictures, I will document her transformation in the coming year or three.

Pros & Cons?

As you can see, there's enough cons to keep busy for some time, mostly cosmetic. With luck and $$$ most of will be wiped out when I decide to do the paint job. For now I driving it, learning to enjoy the experience of it all and learning as much as I can about the car. Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder, because even in this state, I enjoy just looking at the lines.

The "pros", well I was handed a dossier with all of the work that was done on the can in 2008. It's long and the car has been driven approximately 3000 miles since all of this work.

Install 3.2 Euro engine (w/78k miles)
Full engine tune up replacing all filters, ignition wires cap rotors, plugs etc.
Set of Dunlop DRZ Z1 STAR 205/55/16 front 225/50/16 rear.
Fully restored Fuchs 7 & 8's 16
22mm front torsion, 27mm rear torsion Weltmeister 22mm front and rear adj sways
Replaced all bushings, Turbo Tie Rods w/Bump Steer kit
Set Ride Height and Four Wheel Alignment
Fuel tank cleaned and sealed
Sachs Clutch, Rebuilt transmission
New Brake rotors front & rear, new pads front and rear, stainless steel brake lines
Replaced all wheel bearings
Replaced, low/high horns, speedometer transmitter
SSI Heat Exchangers with oil lines
Harness Bar w/Momo Street Race GT seats and Monte Carlo steering wheel
Replaced Motor Mounts
Re-valved Bilsteins
Fixed all sorts of electrical sundries... and the list goes on and on.

So after driving the car, yesterday my impression is that it felt as if I was flying a WWII fighter, it's raw, it's loud, (the noise comes from the back :wink: ) it's purpose built and it just pulls and pulls and pulls and it makes you concentrate every second. My neck hurts.

By texasmr2
A formal introduction to Olivsk... This morning after spending quite a bit of the day yesterday DRIVING I took a few pictures, I will document her transformation in the coming year or three.

Pros & Cons?

As you can see, there's enough cons to keep busy for some time, mostly cosmetic. With luck and $$$ most of will be wiped out when I decide to do the paint job. For now I driving it, learning to enjoy the experience of it all and learning as much as I can about the car. Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder, because even in this state, I enjoy just looking at the lines.

The "pros", well I was handed a dossier with all of the work that was done on the can in 2008. It's long and the car has been driven approximately 3000 miles since all of this work.

Install 3.2 Euro engine (w/78k miles)
Full engine tune up replacing all filters, ignition wires cap rotors, plugs etc.
Set of Dunlop DRZ Z1 STAR 205/55/16 front 225/50/16 rear.
Fully restored Fuchs 7 & 8's 16
22mm front torsion, 27mm rear torsion Weltmeister 22mm front and rear adj sways
Replaced all bushings, Turbo Tie Rods w/Bump Steer kit
Set Ride Height and Four Wheel Alignment
Fuel tank cleaned and sealed
Sachs Clutch, Rebuilt transmission
New Brake rotors front & rear, new pads front and rear, stainless steel brake lines
Replaced all wheel bearings
Replaced, low/high horns, speedometer transmitter
SSI Heat Exchangers with oil lines
Harness Bar w/Momo Street Race GT seats and Monte Carlo steering wheel
Replaced Motor Mounts
Re-valved Bilsteins
Fixed all sorts of electrical sundries... and the list goes on and on.

So after driving the car, yesterday my impression is that it felt as if I was flying a WWII fighter, it's raw, it's loud, (the noise comes from the back :wink: ) it's purpose built and it just pulls and pulls and pulls and it makes you concentrate every second. My neck hurts.

That is awesome :wink: !!
Aw, that pup has a gray beard =)

Either way, I just got a 2012 WRX and added mudflaps since. Any mod suggestions?

Yeah, drive it sideways and in a couple of months, ditch the low rolling resistance Eco-friendly tires it probably came with for a proper set of summer performance rubber.
By texasmr2

Either way, I just got a 2012 WRX and added mudflaps since. Any mod suggestions?

Mods are a 'known' for any car but if they effect your warranty (if still intact) and emissions they should be factory/dealer supported item which are still very good. Intake and exhuast are always the first imo performed and then decent tires but research is your best friend.

Nice car btw. :wink:
My first ever autocross is March 25th. Yes on the date of the Malaysian GP, I will be doing my own bit of racing. Since I bought my Porsche, I've spent a ton of hours going over it head to toe, learning about it, tightening things up, cleaning things up and generally improving things that I can do myself or that are low dollar items.

I've installed a gated shifter, replaced all of the shifter bushings and upgraded the shift coupler with delrin bushings. this has all transformed the shifting which was sloppy and vague when I first got the car. I've unmounted the tires and cleaned up 25 years worth of calcified brake dust from the rims, and remounted and race balanced the tires (which still have 7/8 of their life to them) I've deleted the center console and moved the defroster and hazard buttons that were on it to the dash. I've removed all of the remnants of the AC, buttons and wiring, I removed the entire cruise control electronics and the vacuum pump for it in the engine compartment. I've upgraded the spark plug wires, replaced the struts for the engine deck and replaced a missing engine deck seal. I've removed about two pounds worth of gravel collected in the undercarriage over 25 years. Replaced the gas cap, slowly replacing all of the low pressure fuel lines, replaced the door moisture barriers and generally cleaned up the entire interior replacing the bushing on the steering wheel so there is no steering play or rubbing during hard turns. I've had a compression and leak down test done on the engine and things looks great there so I'm as ready as I can be.

Still on the to do list, upgrade the rear sway bar mounts as one is cracking and the other is not placed in the right spot... this I'll have to address before the March 25th. I may also corner balance the car, but at this point I may hold off on that a bit until I get more of a feel of things. I also want to buy a decent phone mount for the windshield as I plan on video recording every one of my runs.

Life is good.
Nothing exotic on my side...This is my car, a 1996 Ford Five Hundred SEL. Basically a Volvo X90 with a Ford body and interior. Pretty decent family car, with leather interior, the works. It's HUGE too--that roof is 5' tall! Kinda down on power, but moves decently enough.

So, what's your ride? :)
I think there was a thread on this long ago....but I guess one solely dedicated to cars of forum members can't hurt! :)

Mine's an E34...recently changed the engine from stock 520i to M60 (3 liter V8) and original colour was maroon. Sadly I'll be leaving the country in few months and have entrusted her to my dad from then onwards.

This was during the paint job: I think it looks cool...like that car from the movie Christine. lol :D

By geetface9

You lucky B@$T@RD!! Can't wait to get one of my own one day. I'm rolling with the '04 chevy malibu. Got busted power steering and all my dash lights turn on when my car gets above 3k RPMs LOL

See our F1 related articles too!